Road to the Championship
The Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Committee will conduct selections for the 2015 NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Championship March 22, 2015. The 16-team field will be selected from 59 NCAA Division I institutions sponsoring the sport of men’s ice hockey. Of the 16 teams, 6 conference champions will receive automatic qualification with the remaining best 10 teams selected on an at-large basis. Four teams will be seeded and each of the seeded teams will be placed at one of the regional sites.
The 2015 NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Championship bracket will be announced Sunday, March 22, 2015 at Noon ET on ESPNU.
Regionals for the NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Championship will be held March 27-29, 2015 at 4 locations. At each regional site, four teams will compete in regional semifinal and final single-elimination competition. The winners from each regional site advance to the Frozen Four in Boston.
• West Regional – Fargo, N.D. | Scheels Arena | Hosted by the University of North Dakota
• Northeast Regional – Manchester, N.H. | Verizon Wireless Arena | Hosted by the University of New Hampshire
• Midwest Regional – South Bend, Ind. | Compton Family Ice Arena | Hosted by the University of Notre Dame
• East Regional – Providence, R.I. | Dunkin’ Donuts Center | Hosted by Brown University
The 2015 NCAA Men’s Frozen Four will be held at TD Garden in Boston, April 9 & 11. This is the 68th annual NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Championship and the 8th time that the city of Boston (2004, 1998, 1974, 1973, 1972, 1963, 1960 & 1948) will host this premier college men’s ice hockey championship event.
• Selection Show (championship bracket is announced) – March 22, 2015 | Noon ET | ESPNU.
• Regional sites will be broadcast on the ESPN family of networks.
• National semifinal games will be broadcasted on ESPN2.
• The national championship game will be broadcasted on ESPN.
2015 Men’s Frozen Four Broadcast Schedule (All game times are ET)
All TV game times and networks are subject to change.
Thursday, April 9 – National Semifinal #1 | 5 p.m. (ESPN2)
Thursday, April 9 – National Semifinal #2 | 8:30 p.m. (ESPN2)
Saturday, April 11 – National Championship | 7:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Future Dates and Sites
March 20 – Selection Show
March 25-27 – Regionals (Albany, N.Y. | Cincinnati, Ohio | St. Paul, Minn. | Worcester, Mass.)
April 7 & 9 – Frozen Four (Tampa, Fla.)
March19 – Selection Show
March 24-26 – Regionals
April 6 & 8 – Frozen Four (Chicago)
March 18 – Selection Show
March 23-25 – Regionals
April 5 & 7 – Frozen Four (St. Paul, Minn.)