Road to the Championship
The championship provides for a field of 16 teams. Six conference champions qualify automatically; the balance of the field is selected at-large by the NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Committee.
The 2015 NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Championship bracket will be announced the third full weekend in March prior to Regional competition.
The championship bracket consists of 16 teams.
- • Regionals (March 27-29): Four, four-team Regionals will be conducted at predetermined sites.
- March 27 & 28
- • West Regional – Fargo, North Dakota | Scheels Arena | Host by University of North Dakota
- • Northeast Regional – Manchester, New Hampshire | Verizon Wireless Arena | Hosted by University of New Hampshire
- March 28 & 29
- • Midwest Regional – South Bend, Indiana | Compton Family Ice Arena | Hosted by University of Notre Dame
- • East Regional – Providence, Rhode Island | Dunkin’ Donuts Center | Hosted by Brown University
The Regionals are single-elimination with four teams advancing to the Men’s Frozen Four in Boston. Full details of Men’s Frozen Four matchups will be determined on March 29.