Road to the Championship
The Division I Women’s Volleyball Committee will conduct selections for the 2015 NCAA Division I Women’s Volleyball Championship. The 64-team field will be selected from 328 NCAA Division I institutions sponsoring the sport of women’s volleyball. Of the 64 teams, 32 teams will receive automatic qualification with the remaining best 32 teams selected on an at-large basis. The 64-team field will be announced Sunday, November 29.
• 2014 Division I Women's Volleyball Selections
• View Interactive Bracket
Selection Show - Nov. 29
The NCAA Division I Women's Volleyball Championship bracket will be announced Sunday, November 29 (TBD Network)
First & Second Rounds (Non-Predetermined) - Dec. 4-6
First & Second Round competition for the NCAA Division I Women's Volleyball Championship will be held December 4-6 on 16 campus sites. At each campus site, 4 teams will compete in single-elimination First Round competition. The 2 winning teams will then compete against each other in single-elimination Second Round competition at the same campus site. The winning team from each of the 16 Second Rounds will advance to the Regionals.
Regionals (Predetermined) - Dec. 11-12
Regionals for the NCAA Division I Women's Volleyball Championship will be held December 11-12 at 4 locations.
• Austin, Texas - Gregory Gymnasium | Hosted by the University of Texas at Austin
• Des Moines, Iowa - Wells Fargo Arena | Hosted by the Unviersity of Northern Iowa and the Des Moines Area Sports Commission
• Lexington, Ky. - Memorial Coliseium | Hosted by the University of Kentucky
• San Diego - Jenny Craig Pavilion | Hosted by the University of San Diego
At each site, 4 teams will compete in single-elimination Regional Semifinal competition. The 2 winning teams will then compete against each other in single-elimination Regional Final competition at the same site. The winning team from each of the 4 Regionals will advance to the championship final site in Omaha, Neb.
Championship - Dec. 17 & 19
The 2015 NCAA Division I Women's Volleyball Championship will be held at CenturyLink Center in Omaha, Neb. National Semifinals will be held December 17, and the National Championship will take place December 19. This is the 35th annual NCAA Division I Women's Volleyball Championship and the 3rd time that the state of Nebraska (2008, 2006) will host this premier college volleyball championship event.
• Selection Show (championship bracket is announced) - November 29, 2015 (TBD Network)
• Select First/Second Rounds and Regional sites will be broadcast on the ESPN family of networks
• The National Semifinals and National Championship will be broadcast on the ESPN family of networks
• Broadcast Information
Future Dates & Sites
• Complete List
November 27 - Selection Show
December 2-4 - First & Second Rounds
December 9-10 - Regionals
December 15-17 - Championship (Columbus, Ohio)
November 26 - Selection Show
December 1-3 - First & Second Rounds
December 8-9 - Regionals
December 14-16 - Championship (Kansas City, Mo.)