March Madness Music Festival FAQ's
WHERE IS IT?
Where is White River State Park?
White River State Park is located on the western edge of downtown Indianapolis. Entrances are located off West Washington Street and the Historical Old Washington Street Pedestrian Bridge.
How is this festival different than most events at White River State Park?
White River State Park hosts hundreds of events a year from concerts to art shows. Below are a few items specific to March Madness Music Festival to know before arriving:
- Gate Entry
- Entry into the park is free (no ticket required), however, all guests will be wanded with a metal detector prior to entering.
- Only small bags 5.5” by 8.5” or smaller will be allowed inside the festival with the exception of clear bags. Clear plastic bags up to 12”x6”x12” are permitted. Please see approved and prohibited bags at the bottom of the page.
- Wheelchairs and service animals with proper identification are permitted within the March Madness Music Festival.
- Absolutely no food or drink will be permitted inside the park. Attendees will be able to purchase from concessions and beverage stands throughout the festival once inside.
- Umbrellas, and any other items that obstructs other guests’ views, are prohibited. Please dress accordingly in case of inclement weather.
HOW DO I GET IN?
Do I need to purchase a wristband for entry? Will re-entry be allowed throughout the weekend?
No wristband or ticket is necessary. Event entry will be permitted on a first-come, first serve basis. Event entry will be permitted until the park capacity has been reached.
What do I need to enter the festival?
Nothing, the event is free.
Do you have to be a certain age to attend?
No, this event is open to all ages.
What type of bags are allowed inside the festival?
No bags larger than 5.5” by 8.5” allowed (Clear Plastic bags up to 12”x6”x12” are permitted). See approved and prohibited bags below.
What if it rains?
March Madness Music Festival is a rain or shine event. Please check the weather prior to arriving so you are dressed appropriately. Note that umbrellas will not be permitted inside the festival. Festival event managers will work with local law enforcement and media outlets to inform the public in case dangerous weather approaches which would force the festival to close.
WHEN CAN I ARRIVE?
When do the festival gates open and close?
Friday, 3 – 10:00 p.m.; Saturday, noon – 9:30 p.m.; Sunday 2 – 10:00 p.m.
What’s the best time to arrive?
Come early as large crowds are expected and there is no reserved seating.
What is the best mode of transportation to the festival?
Parking will be available at the downtown parking lots.
Can I ride my bike?
Bike Valet will be available free of charge outside the festival grounds for bike storage throughout the day, located in the Locust Grove at White River State Park, NE of the Visitors Center. It will be open one hour prior to the festival opening and open one hour after the festival closes. Look for the tent with the large “Pedal & Park” sign.
There will also be two Pacers Bikeshare kiosks located with existing bike share stations on the Cultural Trail. One will be at their State Museum station, the other will be at the State Garage, at the intersection of West & Maryland. These kiosks will allow an unlimited number of the bikeshare bikes to be checked in – no need to worry about bike spots getting filled.
WHAT IS HAPPENING ALL DAY?
Besides the musical acts, is anything else happening?
Inside the festival will be multiple sponsor activations with giveaways and interactives, concessions, and merchandise sales.
Should I bring cash or a credit card?
Cash and credit cards will be accepted by vendors throughout the Festival. ATMs will also be available inside the event.
Will there be food options?
A variety of concessions and food trucks will be available throughout the festival grounds.
What are acceptable forms of ID to purchase alcohol with?
Driver's license or Government issued ID.
Can I pass out flyers inside or outside the festival?
No, this is not permitted.
WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON IN INDIANAPOLIS?
Where can I purchase NCAA Final Four tickets, find activities with daily schedules going on within Indianapolis, and other event information?
The NCAA® Final Four® Indianapolis App presented by AT&T is the official app to help you make the most of all of the excitement and events over Final Four® weekend in and around Indianapolis! Find all of the must-see activities with daily schedules, event information, and even buy tickets right through the app. Download here: App Store | Google Play
• All guests and items (small purses, clear bags, etc) are subject to physical inspection by security personnel, and anyone not agreeing to this search will be restricted from entering the event
• No bags larger than 5.5” by 8.5” (Clear Plastic bags up to 12”x6”x12” are permitted)
• No pets (service animals permitted with proper identification)
• No bottles, cans, liquid containers or coolers (except for guests with medical or dietary needs)
• No food or beverage not dispensed by the Event Concessionaire
• No video recorders, or still cameras with lenses longer than 4 inches
• No weapons and/or firearms of any kind
• No missile-like objects
• No laser pointers
• No artificial noisemakers
• No poles or sticks of any kind
• No objects that obstruct other guests’ view, including umbrellas
• No folding chairs, bikes or other large personal items
• No promotional items with commercial slogans or identification without written consent from the NCAA®
• Any item deemed dangerous or inappropriate by management will not be allowed at The NCAA March Madness® Music Festival
• Confiscated items will be disposed of and not returned
• No beach balls or basketballs larger than 29.5 inches in circumference (regulation size of a basketball)
• Please note: This show may contain heavy strobe lighting and laser lighting
• Items left in vehicles should be stored out of sight.