DII Baseball Weekend Review
Cagle tosses no-hitter; Leach ties win record with 25
• Southeastern Oklahoma sophomore right-hander David Cagle tossed a seven-inning no-hitter in the second game of a doubleheader sweep of Henderson State on Saturday. It is the first no-hitter by a Savage Storm player since 1999, and the 23rd in school history. He struck out five batters and walked six in the outing.
• Senior right-hander Daniel Vargas-Vila hurled a complete-game, one hitter as No. 11 West Florida concluded a three-game sweep of No. 20 Delta State on Sunday afternoon. It is Vargas-Vila’s first career shutout. He struck out eight batters in the outing, and allowed just four batters to reach base. The Argos are now 10-1 on the season.
• Southern Indiana senior right-hander Trevor Leach tied the school’s career record for victories as he sparked the No. 13 Screaming Eagles to a 7-4 win against Fort Hays State on Saturday. Leach has compiled a 25-2 record in three-plus seasons. He struck out nine batters in the complete-game outing.
• North Georgia is off to its best start in school history at 8-1 after rallying for a 12-10 win against Millersville University on Sunday to earn the series victory.
• UNC-Pembroke exploded for 14 hits and 17 runs in a 17-5 defeat of Bloomfield as the Braves improved to 11-0 on the year. The 11-game winning streak is a school record.