Division II Weekend Review
W. Fla. allows one unearned run, sweeps No. 2 Fla. Southern
• No. 6 West Florida cruised to a three-game sweep of No. 2 Florida Southern behind the stellar talents of the Argonauts’ pitching staff. The staff allowed just one unearned run in the series in a 5-1 win on Sunday, after shutting out the Moccasins 1-0 and 4-0 in the first two games. UWF has won eight consecutive games and will hit the road this week for a two-game series at No. 7 North Georgia on March 1-2.
• No. 17 UNC Pembroke claimed its first Peach Belt Conference series of the season with a 6-3 victory against No. 7 North Georgia on Sunday. Jason Coker’s three-run home run in the fifth inning propelled UNCP to the win.
• After dropping the first game of the Conference Carolinas series, Limestone posted a doubleheader sweep against No. 15 Erskine, as the Flying Fleet lost for the first time this season.
• West Texas A&M tallied 42 runs in a doubleheader sweep of Northwest Missouri State on Saturday, improving to 13-2 – the best 15-game start in program history.
• Wingate notched a South Atlantic Conference sweep against No. 13 Tusculum as the Pioneers suffered their first league sweep since 2003.