CWS What to Watch: June 19
|Did You Know: Mississippi walked off against Texas Tech on Tuesday for the Rebel's first College World Series win since 1969. It snapped a four-game losing streak in the CWS.||Did You Know: After a 15-inning walk-off loss to Virginia on Tuesday, seven of TCU's past eight games have been decided by one run. The Horned Frogs are 5-2 in those games.|
|On the Bump: Sam Smith gets the nod for the Rebels. He is 5-4 this season in 17 starts with a 3.45 ERA. He has struck out 51 and walked 18 in 91.1 innings.||On the Bump: Tyler Alexander made 15 starts this season, earning a 2.16 ERA. In 95.2 innings, he has struck out 58 while walking just 11, the fewest of any TCU starter.|
|In the Box: It has been hit or miss for Preston Overbey -- he leads regulars on the team in postseaston average, with eight hits in 20 ABs (.400), but also has eight strikeouts.||In the Box: Cody Jones has reached base safely in his past 19 games. He has also stolen four bases in the NCAA tournament and has 29 in 34 attempts this season.|
|Pepper: The winner of Thursday's elimination game will move into Friday night's game against No. 3 national seed Virginia, who has already beaten both of these teams in a walk-off in this College World Series. Virginia needs one win to reach the final series, but the winner of Ole Miss and TCU will have to beat the Cavaliers twice to advance.
• Mississippi and TCU have met 16 times in their history, splitting the series 8-8. The Rebels swept a season-opening series against the Horned Frogs in 2013, avenging TCU's two wins in the regionals the year before.
• The TCU bullpen has allowed four runs in the past 36.2 innings of the NCAA tournament.
• Through seven NCAA tournament games, the Ole Miss bullpen has not allowed an inherited runner to score.
• TCU's Kevin Cron has a 10-game hit streak. He was the only one of TCU's spots 2-4 to record a hit against Virginia. Cron also brok the single-game record at the College World Series with 23 putouts at first base on Tuesday.
• The Rebels have managed three runs in its two CWS games. They have six hits, which is tied for the fewest in CWS history, and have been held scoreless in the first six innings of both games.