CWS What to Watch: June 25
CWS Finals Game 3: Vanderbilt Commodores vs. Virginia Cavaliers
8 p.m. ET Wednesday | ESPN with Karl Ravech, Kyle Peterson, Aaron Boone, Jessica Mendoza and Jaymee Sire
GameCenter | Follow on Twitter: CWS | Vanderbilt | Virginia
|Did You Know: Since putting up nine runs in the third inning on Monday, Vanderbilt has scored just twice on eight hits while surrendering 13 runs.||Did You Know: A title for Virginia would be the first for an ACC school since 1955 (Wake Forest). This is the first trip to the CWS Finals for an ACC school since 2007.|
|On the Bump: “[Carson] Fulmer will probably fight for the ball, but that’s not official,” coach Tim Corbin said after Tuesday's loss. Fulmer has a 2.00 ERA in 25 appearances.||On the Bump: Josh Sborz will get the Game 3 nod for Virginia. He has yet to surrender an earned run in 12 NCAA tournament innings and has struck out 13.|
|In the Box: Bryan Reynolds is the CWS leader with nine hits and he leads the Commodores with 22 NCAA tournament hits. He went 2-for-4 on Tuesday, extending his hit streak to nine.||In the Box: Kenny Towns has reached base safely in his past 25 games. He went 3-for-5 on Tuesday with two RBI and is now batting .360 in the NCAA tournament.|
|Pepper: Virginia forced a third game with its 7-2 win on Tuesday, after Vanderbilt won Game 1 9-8 on Monday. A championship for either team would be its first in the sport. This will be the first Game 3 to be played in TD Ameritrade Park Omaha.
• Virginia's 53 wins this season is the second-most in program history.
• Vanderbilt holds the all-time series lead against Virginia 3-1.
• The Cavaliers did not have to dig into their deep bullpen on Tuesday with Brandon Waddell's complete game, the first for UVa. in the NCAA tournament since 2011. Closer Nick Howard has not given up a run in 7.1 NCAA tournament innings.
• Vanderbilt's 3-4-5 hitters are 2-for-21 in the CWS Finals.
• Virginia leads the CWS in hits with 55. Vanderbilt is second with 46.