First-Ever NCAA March Madness Greatest Moments DVD Now Available
Jan. 20, 2009
Each year in March the sports world turns its attention to the 65 college basketball teams vying for a national title in the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship. Now, college basketball fans will have the chance to relive the most spectacular and dramatic moments from 70 years of NCAA tournament action. Genius Products, LLC is set to launch NCAA March Madness: The Greatest Moments of the NCAA Tournament, an unprecedented collection of the greatest plays, players and performances in tournament history. The DVD will hit stores nationwide on Feb. 17, 2009, available for $19.95 SRP.
Narrated by CBS Sports play-by-play announcer Jim Nantz, the DVD allows fans to witness all the memorable moments from Magic Johnson to Michael Jordan, John Wooden to Coach K, Texas Western to the Fab Five, and many more.
“This is the first time that fans will have the chance to own the excitement of more than 70 years of the greatest NCAA March Madness moments on one DVD, and we’re honored to partner with the NCAA and Thought Equity Motion to bring this historic program to market,” said Norbert Hudak, VP, Genius Products. “With legendary performances, emotional comeback victories and cinderella stories, NCAA March Madness: The Greatest Moments of the NCAA Tournament will deliver all the drama and excitement that 50 million households tune in for every year.”
The DVD is packed with exclusive bonus features including Highlights of the ‘79, ‘82 & ‘83 National Championship games and an in-depth interview with coach Mike Krzyzewski.
NCAA March Madness: The Greatest Moments of the NCAA Tournament is the first DVD officially produced and branded by the NCAA to feature the greatest moments from more than 70 years of tournament action. The DVD will be released just one month prior to this year’s 2009 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament. The opening round game will broadcast live on ESPN on Tuesday, March 17, 2009. All subsequent rounds will be broadcast on CBS and conclude with the Final Four on April 4-6 at Ford Field in Detroit, Mich.
NCAA March Madness: The Greatest Moments of the NCAA Tournament
• 1998 REGIONAL FINAL-DUKE VS. KENTUCKY - The Comeback 'Cats of Kentucky stage an amazing 18 point comeback over Duke
• 2005 REGIONAL FINAL-WEST VIRGINIA VS. LOUSIVILLE - Lousiville trailed most of the game by double figures but staged an incredible rally to advance to the Final Four
• 2005 REGIONAL FINAL-ARIZONA VS. ILLINOIS - Down 15 points with just over 4 minutes remaining, the top seeded Illini staged an incredible comeback to tie the game and then beat the Wildcats in Overtime
BEATERS OF THE BUZZER
• 1998 VALPO DID IT - Bryce Drew hit a jumper to sink favored Ole Miss-and start Valpo's run to the Sweet 16
• 1981 ARKANSAS - US Reed hits a 50 foot buzzer beater to sink defending National Champion Louisville
• 1992 DUKE VS. KENTUCKY - Laettner goes 10 for 10 and hits a turnaround buzzer beating jumper
• 1982 A STAR IS BORN - A freshman named Michael Jordan begins his clutch career in the championship game-hitting a 17 foot jumper to beat Georgetown
• 1987 INDIANA - Keith Smart hits a rainbow from the baseline to seal coach Bob Knight’s third championship
STORIES OF CINDERELLA
• 1966 TEXAS WESTERN - First team in NCAA History to start five African-American players upsets #1 ranked Kentucky
• 2003 MARQUETTE - Dwayne Wade's unbelievable Triple Double beat top-seed Kentucky
• 2006 GEORGE MASON - 11th seed reaches the Final Four
• 1983 NORTH CAROLINA STATE - Jim Valvano’s Wolfpack clawed its way to the upset over Houston’s Phi Slamma Jama
• 1992 SHAQ BLOCKS BYU - NCAA one-game record for blocks with 11
• 1979 THE BIGGEST GAME - Magic Johnson vs. Larry Bird
• 1990 FOR HANK - Bo Kimble and Loyola Marymount made an incredible run to the Elite Eight
• 1981 AND A CHILD SHALL LEAD - Isiah Thomas leads the Indiana Hoosiers to their second National Championship
• 1973 UCLA AND BIG BILL - Bill Walton shoots a mind-blowing 21 of 22 from the field to beat Memphis
Catalog #: 1000185
UPC #: 796019818735
Run Time: approx 75 Min
About Thought Equity Motion
Thought Equity Motion is the world leader in providing access to high quality film, video and music content. The company’s forward-thinking approach to digital video has produced an array of products and services to meet the exploding demand of new media.
Widely recognized for its expertise in licensing rights, Thought Equity Motion is the licensing agent for renowned media companies including Paramount Pictures, MGM, NBC News, HBO, National Geographic, Sony Pictures, the NCAA and hundreds of others. With offices located around the world, Thought Equity Motion offers the broadest, deepest content collection available. This vast collection, combined with leading-edge technology, makes Thought Equity Motion the preferred destination for multimedia professionals.
About the NCAA
The NCAA is a membership-led nonprofit association of colleges and universities committed to supporting academic and athletic opportunities for more than 400,000 student-athletes at more than 1,000 member colleges and universities. Each year, more than 54,000 student-athletes compete in NCAA championships in Divisions I, II and III sports. Visit www.ncaa.org and www.ncaa.com for more details about the Association, its goals and members and corporate partnerships that help support programs for student-athletes. The NCAA is proud to have the following elite companies as official Corporate Champions---AT&T, Coca-Cola and Pontiac---and the following elite companies as official Corporate Partners---Enterprise, The Hartford, Hershey’s, Lowe's, Sheraton and State Farm.
About Genius Products
Genius Products, Inc. (OTCBB:GNPI - News), along with The Weinstein Company Holdings LLC, together owns Genius Products, LLC, a leading independent home-entertainment distribution company that produces, licenses and distributes a valuable library of motion pictures, television programming, family, lifestyle and trend entertainment on DVD and other emerging platforms through its expansive network of retailers throughout the U.S. Genius handles the distribution, marketing and sales for such brands as Asia Extreme™, Discovery Kids™, Dragon Dynasty™, Dimension Films™, ESPN®, IFC®, RHI Entertainment™, Sesame Workshop®, The Weinstein Company® and WWE®. Genius Products, Inc. is the managing member of Genius Products, LLC, in which it holds a 30% equity interest.
CONTACT: Matthew Altman, 212-981-5225 or Matthew_Altman@dkcnews.com
Dan Klores Communications – for Genius Products