NCAA.com the all-access digital home for DI Men’s Basketball Championship
From the opening tip to the championship game, NCAA.com will provide fans with comprehensive coverage of the 2013 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship. NCAA.com, managed by Turner Sports, will offer fans a wide array of unique features and exclusive March Madness content with more than 200 hours of coverage including live video streaming, score updates, real-time game highlights, news conferences and more.
Fans can watch all 67 games of the tournament live on NCAA.com via NCAA March Madness Live, the exclusive video-streaming suite of online and mobile products. The site is also the destination for NCAA brackets, including the Capital One NCAA March Madness Bracket Challenge, the interactive content bracket and the official printable bracket.
“As the online home of March Madness, NCAA.com provides fans with everything they need for this year’s tournament,” said Mark Johnson, vice president of business operations for Turner Sports/NCAA Digital. “From Selection Sunday to the Final Four®, fans can follow their favorite teams, participate in bracket challenge games and watch premium video content, including live streaming of every game. No site captures the excitement and passion of March Madness better than NCAA.com.”
NCAA.com will include the following features for the 2013 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship:
Official NCAA Brackets
NCAA.com is the official online destination for March Madness brackets, including:
• Interactive Bracket – A comprehensive content bracket where fans can follow each round of the tournament, including live score updates, as well as links to March Madness Live®, game highlights and box scores.
• Official Printable Bracket – Immediately following the Selection Show, the NCAA’s official printable bracket for the 68-team field will be released on NCAA.com.
• InstaBracket – New for National Bracket Day on Monday, March 18, fans will be able to utilize InstaBracket to help them fill out their brackets. As easy as clicking a button, users can randomly populate their bracket. After clicking the InstaBracket button on NCAA.com to fill out the brackets, fans can share it with friends or have it delivered via email. InstaBracket will also be an on-site component promoting fan engagement at each of the National Bracket Day locations (Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C.).
With its suite of bracket products, NCAA.com offers multiple opportunities for fans to participate and compete with their friends and co-workers, including:
• Capital One NCAA March Madness Round-by-Round Challenge – New for the 2013 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship, fans can compete with one another round-by-round throughout the tournament with bonus points awarded for upset picks. The Round-by-Round Challenge enables fans that are eliminated early in the traditional Bracket Challenge game to participate in a fun contest throughout every round of the tournament.
• Capital One NCAA March Madness Bracket Challenge – Bracket enthusiasts can challenge their friends or compete with celebrities as they make their selections for all 67 games of the tournament. Bracket Challenge will feature new designs and enhancements on smartphones and tablets, along with expanded social functionality across all devices allowing fans to join groups, share brackets and chat with friends and other passionate fans via Facebook.
• NCAA Women’s Bracket Challenge – For the second consecutive year, fans of NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball can also enjoy the bracket fun by participating in NCAA Women’s Bracket Challenge.
Exclusive March Madness Video Content
Throughout the site and within the centralized March Madness video hub, fans can view real-time game highlights, game recaps, top play from each game, signature March Madness moments and post-game press conferences.
Extensive Gameday Coverage
NCAA.com’s unparalleled editorial coverage of March Madness will include pre- and post-game stories for all games, live scores and schedules, live statistics, interactive brackets, viewing guides and postgame photo galleries of both the Division I Men’s and Women’s Basketball Championships. Former University of Kentucky guard and NBA player Rex Chapman will serve as a special contributor to the site providing analysis of the tournament field, in-depth breakdowns of the matchups and real-time reactions to the action on the court.
75 Years of March Madness
The celebration of 75 years of March Madness continues on NCAA.com throughout the tournament. Voting for the All-Time March Madness Student-Athletes, Team and Moment runs through March 24. The final results will be revealed exclusively on NCAA.com on Friday, April 5. In addition, the NCAA will honor the Top 15 All-Time March Madness Student-Athletes, the Top All-Time March Madness Team, and the Top All-Time March Madness Moment on center court during the semifinal games of the Final Four on Saturday, April 6, in Atlanta. Additionally, fans can enjoy a detailed look at the 75 Years of March Madness with the interactive timeline at ncaa.com/marchmadness.
NCAA.com will also feature the Division I Men’s and Women’s Final Four microsites and mobile apps. The sites will provide details for fans attending the Men’s Final Four (ncaa.com/finalfour) in Atlanta or the Women’s Final Four (ncaa.com/womensfinalfour) in New Orleans including fan events, city information, venue information, concert lineups and local festivities. The apps -- available for iPhone and Android devices -- will be available the week of March 25.
Fans can support their schools during March Madness by purchasing officially licensed merchandise of all men’s and women’s tournament teams in the NCAA.com Shop. The NCAA.com Shop will feature Sweet 16® and Final Four gear, and offer the complete line of National Champion apparel after the title game.
Fans can also purchase tournament game tickets and hospitality packages on NCAA.com at www.ncaa.com/mbbtickets. Primesport, the Official Ticket and Hospitality Provider of the NCAA, offers guaranteed seat locations, official hospitality packages and assurance of buying directly from the NCAA’s only approved ticket and hospitality provider.