College basketball: 7 ways the world was different the last time Duke wasn't in the AP top 25
For the first time since the preseason poll for the 2007-2008 season on Nov. 6, the Duke Blue Devils were absent this week from the AP Top 25 poll. And in those last nine years, the world has changed, for better or for worse.
Here are the seven ways the world was different the last time Duke wasn't ranked in the AP Top-25 poll:
1) The original iPhone had recently been released, and it was much clunkier than the newest versions.
2) President Barack Obama was in his third year as U.S. Senator from Illinois.
3) Steph Curry was about to start his sophomore season at Davidson, the one where he put himself and the Wildcats on the college basketball map.
4) Facebook was nearing its fourth year of existence. Instagram and Snapchat hadn't even been created yet.
5) The Jonas Brothers were still together and had just released their second album.
6) Spiderman 3 (the one with Tobey Maguire) was the highest grossing movie of the year.
7) Tim Tebow was in the midst of his sophomore season at Florida where he went on to win the Heisman Trophy.