How to stream North Carolina vs. Villanova in virtual reality on a Samsung device
This year, Turner Sports, in partnership with CBS, Capital One, and Oculus, has released a virtual reality app – NCAA March Madness Live VR for the Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus. Read the full press release here.
The app will contain live 180-degree virtual reality streams of all three games of the 2016 Final Four from NRG Stadium in Houston:
- Saturday, April 2: Villanova vs. Oklahoma at 6:09 p.m. ET and Syracuse vs. North Carolina at 8:49 p.m. ET.
- Monday, April 4: The National Championship game at 9:00 p.m. ET
Here’s a step-by-step guide to access the app and stream the games in virtual reality:
1. First, you need to have a Samsung Gear VR headset and a compatible Samsung Galaxy smartphone. The complete list of compatible devices is here, but the most common compatible smartphones are the Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6, and Galaxy S7.
2. If you haven’t used the Gear VR with your smartphone before, you’ll need to install Oculus by inserting your phone in the headset and following the on-screen instructions. Once you’ve installed Oculus, you’ll be able to access the Oculus app on your phone or via the headset at any time.
3. After you’ve installed Oculus, there are two ways to download NCAA March Madness Live VR:
a. You can open the Oculus app on your smartphone and search in the store for “NCAA March Madness Live VR”.
b. When using the Gear VR headset, open the Store and browse to “NCAA March Madness Live VR” in the app catalog.
4. Download the app for free from the Oculus store. Once you do, it will appear in your Oculus Library, accessible whenever you insert the phone in your headset.
5. Watch live games from the Final Four! NCAA March Madness Live VR is free to download and the streams will be free to access. After the Final Four, full-game replays will be available in the Replay section of the app.