REGIONAL ROUND | March 26
• Courtney Vandersloot set a career high with 17 assists against UCLA in the second round, bettering her previous high of 16 against St. Mary’s on March 7, 2011. She now ranks third in NCAA history with 1,102 assists and needs five assists to break the NCAA single-season assist record.
• Through 13 career NCAA Tournament contests, Nnemkadi Ogwumike is averaging better than 18 points and 10 rebounds while shooting above 54 percent from the field. Overall, Ogwumike has scored in double digits in 12 of her 13 career NCAA Tournament games through Monday.
• The Tar Heels had not ventured to the state of Washington for 35 years before playing in the Evergreen State during the 2010 NCAA Tournament. This season, UNC is back in the Great Northwest for the second consecutive postseason and is looking for a fifth consecutive win in the Sweet Sixteen.
• With its No. 9 ranking in the final 2010-11 Associated Press poll, Notre Dame now has appeared in the AP poll for a school-record 77 consecutive weeks, extending the program standard that began with the 2007-08 preseason poll.
• Jantel Lavender recorded her 76th career double-double and her 19th of the season with 21 points and 11 rebounds in the second-round win against Georgia Tech. With 135 career double-doubles to her credit, Lavender surpassed the former NCAA record held by Courtney Paris, who had 134 double-doubles in 137 contests. Lavender also set a school record as she has started all 135 games in her career.
• Despite battling a sore knee that was previously surgically repaired, sophomore guard Whitney Hand posted career highs in each of the first and second rounds of the NCAA Tournament last week. She put up 24 points against JMU in the first round and came back to top that performance with 27 points against Miami (Fla.).
• The Cardinal have been in the NCAA Tournament 25 times, including each of the past 24 years. During that span, they have won two national titles and reached 18 Sweet 16s. With two more wins, it will have reached its 10th Final Four overall and fourth in a row.
• With its 79-76 win against Marquette in the second round of the 2011 NCAA Tournament, Tennessee now has won 24 consecutive games since its loss at Baylor on Dec. 14. The streak ties for the second-longest winning streak in UT history.