Aug. 26, 2010
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) – Charlotte has scheduled its first football opponent.
The school announced Thursday it’s agreed to a home-and-home series with Morehead State. The 49ers will visit the Eagles in their first season on Nov. 23, 2013. Morehead State will play at Charlotte a year later on Nov. 22.
It’s the first move by athletic director Judy Rose since North Carolina Gov. Beverly Perdue signed off on a funding bill earlier this month for Charlotte’s football stadium. Rose must still hire a coach and try to get the 49ers into a Football Championship Subdivision league.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80