Aug. 31, 2010
Courtesy of AFCA
Fresh off of their 35-10 opening week victory over then-No. 5 Central Washington, Minnesota-Duluth moves up one spot to No. 3 in this week’s AFCA Division II Coaches’ Top 25 Poll and received one first place vote. Northwest Missouri State still holds the top spot, garnering 23 first place votes, followed by Grand Valley State at No. 2, North Alabama at No. 4 and California (Pa.) rounding out the Top 5.
There will be four Top 25 matchups this coming weekend with two of those being Top 10 battles. No. 2 Grand Valley State hosts No. 8 West Texas A&M on Thursday while No. 6 Abilene Christian travels to No. 9 Washburn on Saturday. In the other Top 25 matchups, No. 1 Northwest Missouri State begins defense of their national championship by hosting No. 14 Texas A&M-Kingsville while No. 5 California (Pa.) travels to No. 11 Saginaw Valley State.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80