Oct. 23, 2010
MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) – C.J. Atkins snared a 1-yard touchdown pass from Justin Roper with 5 seconds to play Saturday to give Montana a 24-21 victory over Northern Arizona.
Atkins outwrestled Northern Arizona cornerback Randy Hale Jr. on a jump ball in the end zone to cap a 14-play, 56-yard drive. Atkins also opened the scoring for Montana with a 48-yard run on a double reverse play in the first quarter.
Northern Arizona (4-3, 2-2 Big Sky) took a 21-17 lead on an 11-yard Giovannie Dixon touchdown run with 1:59 left in the game. But after a 38-yard kick return by Peter Nguyen, Roper marched the Grizzlies (6-2, 5-1) for the winning score.
Roper was 17 of 30 for 118 yards and two touchdowns.
Zach Bauman had 127 yards rushing and a TD for Northern Arizona. Chase Stangel was 22 for 34 for 187 yards and a touchdown.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80