Oct. 23, 2010
ELON, N.C. (AP) – Mitch Allen threw a 41-yard yard touchdown to Devin Reed with nine seconds left and Wofford held off a late rally by Elon in a 28-21 win on Saturday.
The Terriers (6-1, 4-0 Southern Conference) held a 21-0 advantage with 14:47 left in the third quarter, following a Mike Rucker’s 84-yard kickoff return for a touchdown.
The Phoenix (2-5, 1-3) answered with three straight touchdowns of its own. Scott Riddle, who completed 28 of 40 passes for 232 yards and one interception, had touchdown throws of 16, 6 and 24 yards to tie the score at 21-21.
But Wofford, which has won six straight games, used Allen’s late touchdown throw to Reed to pull away. Reed finished with 51 yards receiving.
Allen went 2-for-5 passing for 41 yards and rushed for 48 yards on 14 carries for the Terriers. Eric Breitenstein led Wofford with 148 yards rushing and two touchdowns.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80