Oct. 26, 2010
WASHINGTON (AP) – The bowl game in the nation’s capital has a new name – the Military Bowl.
Officials announced Tuesday that the game formerly known as the EagleBank Bowl has a new sponsor and charity partner. The official name will be “The Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman” and will benefit the USO.
The bowl already had a strong military tie. Navy played in the inaugural game in 2008, and both Navy and Army will be featured in future years if they are bowl-eligible.
This year’s game is scheduled for Dec. 29 at RFK Stadium and is set to feature teams from the Atlantic Coast Conference and Conference USA, with Army as a possible backup.
EagleBank will remain as one of the bowl’s sponsors.
- SEC's Slive focused on future after changes
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Miss. State penalized for booster's conduct
- Alamo Bowl promoted to top Big 12 contest
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Charlotte names stadium in honor of donor
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- Former GVSU standout Finnerty found dead
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule