Nov. 20, 2010
NEWARK, Del. (AP) -Aaron Ball scored on a 1-yard run and Martel Moody forced and recovered a fumble in overtime Saturday as Villanova upset Delaware 28-21.
Ball carried four times as the Wildcats (7-4, 5-3 Colonial Athletic Association) stuck to the ground on their overtime possession.
Delaware (9-2, 6-2) completed three straight passes to reach the Villanova 3 on its overtime possession. On second-and-2, Moody forced and recovered a fumble by Andrew Pierce.
Pierce caught a 1-yard touchdown pass from Pat Devlin with 18 seconds left in regulation to tie the game at 21 and force the overtime.
Villanova led 14-0 after Angelo Babbaro returned the opening kickoff 85 yards for a touchdown and Chris Whitney threw a 4-yard touchdown pass to Lawrence Doss.
Devlin, 30-of-45 for 305 yards passing, also threw for touchdowns to Nihja White and Rob Jones.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80