Nov. 22, 2010
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, R.I. (AP) -The Rhode Island football team will compete in the Northeast Conference starting in 2013.
The Rams will become the conference’s 10th football team when they join.
Rhode Island’s football team currently competes in the Colonial Athletic Association. In other sports, the university is a member of the Atlantic 10 Conference.
URI President David Dooley said in a statement that victories this season over Villanova, New Hampshire and Massachusetts make clear that the program is on the rise.
- SEC's Slive focused on future after changes
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Miss. State penalized for booster's conduct
- Alamo Bowl promoted to top Big 12 contest
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Charlotte names stadium in honor of donor
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- Former GVSU standout Finnerty found dead
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule