Nov. 22, 2010
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP) -Texas State has fired football coach Brad Wright after the Bobcats finished 4-7 and just 1-5 in the Southland Conference.
Athletic Director Larry Teis announced the move on Monday.
Texas State currently plays in the Southland Conference of the Football Championship Subdivision but recently accepted an invitation to join the Western Athletic Conference in 2012.
Wright was 23-23 in four seasons with his best mark at 8-5 in 2008.
- SEC's Slive focused on future after changes
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Miss. State penalized for booster's conduct
- Alamo Bowl promoted to top Big 12 contest
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Charlotte names stadium in honor of donor
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- Former GVSU standout Finnerty found dead
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule