Nov. 27, 2010
CONWAY, S.C. (AP) -Matt Barr’s second rushing touchdown of the game, with 1:50 remaining, gave Western Illinois a 17-10 victory over Coastal Carolina on Saturday in the first round of the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs.
The Leathernecks (8-4), who finished second in the Missouri Valley Conference, will play at top-seeded Appalachian State on Dec. 4.
Barr’s 5-yard winning score came three plays after the senior quarterback’s 38-yard pass to Bryce Flowers moved the ball to the Coastal Carolina 7-yard line.
The Chanticleers (6-6), who finished in a three-way tie for the Big South Conference title, then drove to the Western Illinois 4, aided by two major penalties, before Kieron James picked off a pass by Zach MacDowall.
MacDowall was intercepted four times in the game, and Coastal Carolina also lost a fumble. Western Illinois was intercepted twice and did not fumble.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80