Nov. 27, 2010
FARGO, N.D. (AP) -Brock Jensen threw two touchdown passes and ran for another score as North Dakota State beat Robert Morris 43-17 Saturday night in the first round of the FCS playoffs.
D.J. McNorton ran 27 times for 110 yards and a TD and caught two passes for 110 yards and a score for the Bison (8-4), who play at Montana State next Saturday.
Robert Morris (8-3), making its first appearance in the FCS playoffs, led 7-6 at halftime before Jensen, a redshirt freshman, hit on a pair of scoring passes in the third quarter. He tossed a 32-yard touchdown pass to Warren Holloway on third-and-12 and a short middle screen that McNorton took 49 yards for a score. Jensen was 10-for-24 for an NDSU playoff-record 229 yards and the Bison rolled up 482 yards of total offense.
Myles Russ ran 27 times for 117 yards and two touchdowns for the Colonials.
- SEC's Slive focused on future after changes
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Miss. State penalized for booster's conduct
- Alamo Bowl promoted to top Big 12 contest
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Charlotte names stadium in honor of donor
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- Former GVSU standout Finnerty found dead
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule