Nov. 27, 2010
Courtesy of Wingate Athletics
Albany, Ga.-The Wingate University Bulldogs mounted a late rally against the Albany State Golden Rams on Saturday afternoon, but fell short 30-28. The loss ends the Bulldogs’ seven-game winning streak and 2010 season. Wingate finishes at 9-3 overall. Albany State moves to 11-0 overall and will advance to host Delta State (Miss.) University for the Super Region 2 championship next weekend.
The two teams combined for 673 yards total offense. ASU junior quarterback Stanley Jennings (Marietta, Ga.) completed two touchdown passes for the Golden Rams. Albany State senior running back LiRonnie Davis (Macon, Ga.) ran nine times for 90 yards and two scores, including a huge 45-yard run in the fourth quarter that gave the hosts a 30-21 advantage.
Bulldog redshirt junior quarterback Cody Haffly (Locust Grove, Ga.) completed 20-of-41 passes for 303 yards and three touchdowns. Sophomore Chris Bowden (Forsyth, Ga.) had two TD catches for the South Atlantic Conference visitors. The NCAA Division II number one defense held Wingate to 39 yards rushing.
- SEC's Slive focused on future after changes
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Miss. State penalized for booster's conduct
- Alamo Bowl promoted to top Big 12 contest
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Charlotte names stadium in honor of donor
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- Former GVSU standout Finnerty found dead
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule