The Associated Press
TAMPA, Fla. — Florida will be without cornerback Janoris Jenkins and three other starters against Penn State in the Outback Bowl.
Jenkins had surgery on his right shoulder recently and will miss the New Year’s Day game. Right tackle Maurice Hurt and defensive tackles Lawrence Marsh and Terron Sanders also will miss head coach Urban Meyer’s finale. None of them traveled with the team to Tampa.
Hurt (right knee), Marsh (right hip) and Sanders (right shoulder) each had surgery after Florida’s last game at Florida State on Nov. 27.
Jenkins is considered the biggest loss. The junior has started 36 of the 39 games, including all 11 this season. He has eight career interceptions, including three this season. Moses Jenkins or Cody Riggs likely will start in his place.
- SEC's Slive focused on future after changes
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Miss. State penalized for booster's conduct
- Alamo Bowl promoted to top Big 12 contest
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Charlotte names stadium in honor of donor
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- Former GVSU standout Finnerty found dead
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule