North Dakota Athletics
GRAND FORKS, N.D. — North Dakota head football coach Chris Mussman announced Thursday that running back Josh Murray has been dismissed from the team for a violation of team rules.
The Pepin, Wis., native led the Sioux in rushing in 2010 with 670 yards and four touchdowns. Murray also threw a 25-yard touchdown pass and returned a punt for a score while averaging 10.9 yards per return.
The Sioux finished the season with a 3-8 record while dropping their final three contests.
Rising-junior Mitch Sutton was second on the team in rushing, finishing with 288 yards on the ground and scoring two touchdowns.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80