CORAL GABLES, Fla. — Former Memphis quarterback Ryan Williams has transferred to Miami.
Williams played in all 12 games for Memphis last season, completing 57 percent of his passes for 2,075 yards, 13 touchdowns and 10 interceptions as a freshman. He’s a South Florida native and led Miramar High to a state championship in 2009.
Miami coach Al Golden says Williams adds “toughness, incredible work ethic and smarts on and off the field” to the Hurricanes.
Miami has also confirmed that a pair of defensive reserves, linebacker Travis Williams and defensive back Jamal Reid, plan to seek transfers.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80