MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — West Virginia linebacker Branko Busick is free on $25,000 bond after being charged with an armed robbery at a Morgantown apartment building.
Morgantown police say the 20-year-old Steubenville, Ohio, native was arrested Monday evening.
He was arraigned Tuesday before Monongalia County Magistrate Hershel Mullins in a videoconference with the North Central Regional Jail.
A court official says Busick’s father posted a property bond. Nick Busick is the former WWF wrestler Big Bully Busick.
Court records show that Branko Busick does not yet have an attorney.
His preliminary hearing is set for Aug. 1 before Magistrate Jim Nabors.
Police say a man reported that he was struck repeatedly with a gun after he told his assailant he had no money.
WVU athletic officials didn’t immediately comment.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80