KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Police arrested Tennessee senior linebacker Austin Johnson and charged him with public intoxication and disorderly conduct.
The Knoxville News Sentinel reports the 22-year-old Johnson is out on $1,000 bond and is scheduled for a court appearance on Aug. 4.
No other details were available Sunday.
In a statement, school spokesman Jimmy Stanton said the program was aware that Johnson was involved in a situation overnight Sunday. He says school officials are looking into it.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80