LARAMIE, Wyo. — Wyoming head coach Dave Christensen announced Monday that two UW football players would be suspended for the season-opening game versus Weber State on Sept. 3 and a third was being suspended indefinitely. All three are being suspended for violations of team rules.
Senior strong safety Eric Mitchell and sophomore tight end T.J. Smith are being suspended for the season-opening game versus Weber State. Junior free safety Kenny Browder has been suspended indefinitely.
“The young men in our program know that we have standards in place that they must follow,” Christensen said. “When they don’t meet these standards they understand that there are consequences for their actions.”
Christensen said he would have no further comment on the suspensions.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80