SALT LAKE CITY — John White rushed for 150 yards with two touchdowns in his major-college debut and Brian Blechen intercepted two passes as Utah opened with a 27-10 victory Thursday night against Montana State.
Blechen set up Utah’s first score with a 35-yard interception return.
The win was Utah’s first as a member of the Pac-12 Conference.
No. 9 Jacksonville State 24, UT-Martin 23 — Full Recap
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — It won’t generate the same national headlines or ESPN highlights as Jacksonville State’s stunning upset of Ole Miss to kick off the 2010 football season.
It was, however, every bit as dramatic.
Senior Calvin Middleton scored on a 4-yard touchdown run with 38 seconds left and James Esco kicked the go-ahead extra point as the Gamecocks rallied from a 13-point fourth-quarter deficit to knock off Ohio Valley Conference rival Tennessee-Martin 24-23 at Burgess-Snow Field on Thursday night.
Toledo 58, No. 10 New Hampshire 22
TOLEDO, Ohio — Senior Adonis Thomas rushed for 115 yards and sophomore wide receiver Bernard Reedy scored twice to lead the Toledo Rockets to a 58-22 victory in the season opener against New Hampshire in the Glass Bowl Thursday night.
Toledo effectively alternated its two quarterbacks, junior Austin Dantin and sophomore Terrance Owens. Dantin completed 15-of-21 passes for 161 yards and three touchdowns, while Owens connected on 10-of-13 passes for 122 yards and two scores. Reedy led the receivers with 113 yards on five catches.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80