TOLEDO, Ohio — The head of the Mid-American Conference says there’s no way to take away Syracuse’s overtime win against Toledo despite a blown call on an extra point.
Toledo athletic director Mike O’Brien asked the Mid-American Conference to call for the Big East Conference to give Toledo the victory after a Big East official admitted that replay officials made a mistake in the Orange’s 33-30 victory Saturday.
Video shows that Syracuse missed a late extra point but the officials ruled it good. Replay officials allowed it to stand.
Toledo then kicked a tying field goal to force overtime, but the Orange came back with a field goal to win.
• Toledo complains about extra-point error
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80