BUCKHANNON, W.Va. — West Virginia Wesleyan athletic director Ken Tyler announced that interim head coach Jonas Jackson has been named head coach.
Jackson was named interim coach when Denny Creehan resigned this summer to become athletic director at Alderson-Broaddus.
“Coach Jackson has done an outstanding job leading our football team both on and off the field,” Tyler said. “We are very pleased that he will be our head coach as we continue to move the program forward.”
Jackson has led the Bobcats to a 4-0 start this season and they are currently tied for first place in the WVIAC. Wesleyan travels to Lincoln University (Pa.) this weekend for its final non-conference contest. It will host nationally ranked Shepherd on Oct. 8.
- SEC's Slive focused on future after changes
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Miss. State penalized for booster's conduct
- Alamo Bowl promoted to top Big 12 contest
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Charlotte names stadium in honor of donor
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- Former GVSU standout Finnerty found dead
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule