AUSTIN, Texas — The Longhorn Network will not show high school game highlights under an agreement approved by leaders of the Big 12, including Texas.
The NCAA has already banned school-affiliated networks from showing high school games, saying they would be an unfair recruiting advantage.
The Longhorn Network is a 20-year, $300 million venture between Texas and ESPN struck earlier this year.
The Big 12 also said that airing a second football game on the network requires approval by both schools and the league’s television partners, Fox Sports and ABC/ESPN.
Buffs suspend five players for violating team rules
BOULDER, Colo. — Colorado coach Jon Embree has suspended five defensive players indefinitely for violating unspecified team rules.
The suspended players include defensive backs Josh Moten, Ayodeji Olatoye, Parker Orms and Paul Vigo, along with linebacker Liloa Nobriga. Orms was the only starter among the group, but didn’t play last weekend due to a leg injury.
Embree said in a statement released Thursday that “there are no issues with law enforcement, but they have not met their obligations and responsibilities to be active members of the team.”
The players won’t be allowed to take part in any football-related activities.
The Buffaloes (1-4) play at seventh-ranked Stanford on Saturday.
Miami (Fla.) loses DT Forston for season to knee injury
CORAL GABLES, Fla. — Miami (Fla.) has lost defensive tackle Marcus Forston for the remainder of the season because of a knee injury.
Forston was injured in practice on Wednesday. The team says he suffered a non-contact injury, making him the second Miami defensive starter to be lost for the season in that manner in recent days. Starting linebacker Ramon Buchanan sustained a season-ending right knee injury in last weekend’s win over Bethune-Cookman.
Forston is eligible to return to the Hurricanes in 2012. He had been planning to examine his NFL draft status after this season.
Miami (2-2) visits No. 21 Virginia Tech (4-1) on Saturday.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80