WHITEWATER, Wis. -- Wisconsin-Whitewater scored the first five times it touched the ball, with both the defense and special teams contributing, and extended the nation's longest active win streak to 41 games with a 59-0 win against Albion, Saturday.

On the third play of the game UW-W defensive back Noah Timm intercepted Spencer Krauss' pass at the Albion 38 and returned it to the 11. Four rushes by Levell Coppage, including a two yarder for the touchdown, put UW-W in front 7-0 after Eric Kindler's extra point at 11:31.

Albion's next possession lasted just three plays, with Krauss picked off again, this time by linebacker Greg Arnold at the 13. Two plays, finishing with Coppage for two for the touchdown at 9:33, with a Kindler PAT made it 14-0 Whitewater.

Following the kickoff the Britons' first play from scrimmage was a fumble forced by defensive end Anthony Dowery that Warhawk Chris Pendargast recovered at the 15. Two plays later, and another two yards by Coppage, and UW-W was up 21-0 with 8:37 in the first quarter. Thanks to the defense, UW-W's offense scored three touchdowns on just eight plays.

UW-W got in one more score before the quarter ended, taking the ball from their own 34 to Albion's 21, where Kindler kicked a 38 yard field as time ran out in the first quarter with UW-W in front 24-0. The points were preceded by a fake field goal. Facing a fourth and four from the 37, the snap went to Kindler who passed to Bernie Tamsett for nine yards. It is the first pass thrown by Kindler, a sophomore.

Albion started the second quarter at their 36, and three plays later finally got onto the Whitewater side of the field. The Warhawk defense stiffened, a Sage Alward punt was blocked by Jaren Borland and picked up by Borland who ran down the left sideline 56 yards to up the margin to 31-0 Whitewater with 12:00.

The next time the UW-W offense was on the field it went 60 yards to the Albion 20.  Kindler came on for the field goal, but Albion's Chris Wasczenski blocked it and the ball was recovered by Mike Vandermus.

The Briton's next drive lasted six plays, and the exchange set Whitewater up on their own 29. Seven plays. and 56 seconds later, Blanchard connected with Tyler Huber  for a 33 yard touchdown and a 38-0 lead with 0:33 seconds left in the half.

Whitewater took the opening drive of the second half to the Albion 14, but Albion's Vandermus blocked Kindler's kick and the ball rolled out of bounds.

The next Warhawk drive covered 67 yards in five plays, with Lee Brekke hitting Zach Howard for 25 yards, and Howard's first collegiate touchdown, with 6:22 on the clock for a 45-0 UW-W lead.

Albion kept the ball for eight plays, but it ended with UW-W linebacker Ryan Cortez forcing a Krauss fumble that Borland picked up and returned 54 yards for his second score of the day. Whitewater led 52-0 with 2:28 left in the third quarter. Borland's fumble return for a TD is Whitewater's first since November 17, 2007.

Byron Stanford was big on the last drive. Whitewater's backup tailback carried the ball all six plays of the drive, totaling 85 yards. The sixth play was a 57-yarder to give UW-W a 59-0 lead with 8:39 left in the game.

Whitewater's defense limited Albion back Clinton Orr, Albion's all-time rushing leader, to 51 on 22 attempts. The teams had just one punt (Albion) between them. Stanford led all rushers with 114 yards on nine carries. Blanchard was 12-18 for 168 yards, the one TD and no interceptions.

Luke Menzel caught five passes for 70 yards. Krauss was 16-30 for 133 yards with two interceptions. J.C. Cruse caught 5 passes for 30 yards, and Tyler White had 57 yards on four receptions. Albion junior free safety Nate Ross led both teams with 11 tackles.