COOKEVILLE, Tenn. — Nathan Dick threw for two touchdowns and ran for another to lead Central Arkansas past Tennessee Tech 34-14 on Saturday in the first round of the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs.
The Bears (9-3), playing in their first FCS playoff game in their second year of eligibility, will travel to second-round opponent Montana on Dec. 3.
Dick was 23 of 39 for 319 yards, and threw scoring passes of 42 yards to Jesse Grandy and 30 yards to Thomas Hart — both in the second half. Dick also had a 1-yard scoring run to put the Bears in front 17-7 with 1:55 left in the second quarter.
Central Arkansas finished with 439 yards, compared to 349 by the Golden Eagles (7-4).
Tre Lamb led Tennessee Tech with 291 yards and two touchdowns on 30 of 44 passes. Tim Benford had 94 receiving yards on seven catches.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80