MISSOULA, Mont. — Jabin Sambrano caught two touchdown passes from Jordan Johnson and Jordan Canada ran for two more scores, powering Montana past Central Arkansas 41-14 Saturday in the second round of the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs.
The fifth-ranked Grizzlies (10-2), who led 31-0 at halftime, have won eight consecutive games.
The 15th-ranked Bears (9-4), in the playoffs in just their second year of eligibility, had their eight-game winning streak snapped.
Central Arkansas, which had been plus-13 in turnover margin, lost three of five fumbles and committed four turnovers.
Sambrano caught touchdown passes of 8 and 22 yards from Jordan, who completed 16 of 25 passes for 135 yards.
Canada had TD runs of 11 and 12 yards as the Grizzlies totaled 229 yards rushing.
Peter Nguyen also scored for Montana, on a 2-yard run.
Central Arkansas’ scored on a 44-yard pass from Nathan Dick to Jesse Grandy and an 8-yarder to Al Lasker.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80