PITTSBURG, Kan. — Pittsburg State scored 21 points in the final 2:44 of the first half en route to a 49-23 victory on Saturday against Delta State in the NCAA Division II semifinals.
The Gorillas (12-1) will meet Wayne State in the championship game Dec. 17 in Florence, Ala.
Pittsburg State turned a close game into a rout at the end of the first half, scoring three touchdowns and taking advantage of two turnovers by the Statesmen (11-3). Zac Dickey threw touchdown passes of 30 yards to Jon Thomas and 38 yards to John Brown, and receiver Andrew Castaneda hit Levi Kuntzsch for a 36-yard score.
Brown also scored on a 43-yard punt return just 1:32 into the game, and the Gorillas got their final TD on a 91-yard interception return by Paul Robinson.
Micah Davis passed for 365 yards and a touchdown for Delta State, but was intercepted three times.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80