NEW YORK – Fordham hired Connecticut quarterbacks coach and former Rams player Joe Moorhead to be its new football coach. The school announced the hiring Thursday and will introduce Moorhead at a news conference at its Bronx campus on Friday.
Moorhead played quarterback and wide receiver for Fordham and graduated in 1996. He has been with UConn since 2009. Before that, he was an assistant at Akron from 2004-08.
Moorhead, a native of Pittsburgh, started his coaching career as a graduate assistant at Pitt and was an assistant at Georgetown from 2000-03.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80