IOWA CITY, Iowa — Iowa running back Marcus Coker has been suspended from the Dec. 30 Insight Bowl against Oklahoma after violating the university’s student-athlete code of conduct.
The university announced the suspension Tuesday without providing details.
Coker, who is a sophomore from Beltsville, Md., will not travel with the team to Tempe, Ariz., for the game between the Hawkeyes (7-5) and the Sooners (9-3).
Coker’s rushing total of 1,384 yards this season ranked fourth in school history. He was also the offensive player of last season’s Insight Bowl, when he set Iowa bowl records for rushing attempts (33) and rushing yards (219) in the 27-24 win against Missouri.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80