HONOLULU – The Hawaii Bowl will feature a team from the Mountain West Conference in 2012 and 2013.
The move announced Wednesday comes as Hawaii moves from the Western Athletic Conference to the Mountain West starting next season.
Under the agreement, a team from the Mountain West will face a team from Conference USA, which has been associated with the Hawaii Bowl since its inception in 2002.
Mountain West Commissioner Craig Thompson says he was pleased to announce the agreement, which brings the conference back to five bowl slots.
Nevada faces Southern Mississippi on Saturday in this year’s Hawaii Bowl.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80