INDIANAPOLIS — Northern Illinois quarterback Chandler Harnish is the new Mr. Irrelevant.
The Indianapolis Colts took the Mid-American Conference offensive player of the year with the final pick in this weekend’s draft, No. 253 overall. It’s the first time since 1967 that a non-expansion team has had both the first and last pick in the draft. Indy opened the draft by taking Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck with the No. 1 overall choice Thursday night.
Harnish, an Indiana native, will be the feature attraction at Irrelevant Week, June 30 through July 2, in Newport Beach, Calif. There will be an arrival party at a hotel in Newport Beach, a fundraising roast attended by celebrity guests and the Lowsman Award. The award started in 1976.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80