Division II and CBS Sports Network have announced their 2012 regular-season football television schedule.
Division II Vice President Mike Racy said the program, now in its seventh year, has been good for the participating institutions and Division II in general.
“This will be the seventh season of Division II regular-season coverage on CBS Sports Network,” Racy said. “After this year, national telecasts will have originated from 35 different Division II football stadiums, and about 25 percent of our football-playing members will have had regular-season national television exposure. It’s been great for the division, and the schools say it’s also been valuable for them.”
|DIVISION II GAME OF THE WEEK SCHEDULE|
|Sept. 6||Bowie State vs. Benedict|
|Sept. 13||TAMU-Commerce vs. Midwestern St.|
|Sept. 20||Truman State vs. Central Missouri|
|Sept. 27||Wingate vs. Carson-Newman|
|Oct. 11||Wayne St. (Mich.) vs. Saginaw Valley|
|Oct. 18||New Haven at Stonehill|
This will be the first appearance on the CBS Sports Network series for eight institutions in football or basketball.
The 2012 season will kick off Sept. 6 with a nonconference matchup between Bowie State of the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association and Benedict of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association.
After that, the series will include five conference matchups, including a Sept. 13 game between Texas A&M-Commerce and Midwestern State. That contest will be part of a Lone Star Football Festival — a three-day, six-game event at Cowboy Stadium that will include all nine LSC teams.
The remaining matchups include:
Truman State at Central Missouri (Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Association), Sept. 20. This will be the only 2012 football matchup between founding members of the MIAA, which will be celebrating its 100th anniversary.
Wingate at Carson-Newman (South Atlantic Conference), Sept. 27. Carson-Newman is a three-time Division II finalist.
Wayne State (Mich.) at Saginaw Valley State (Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference), Oct. 11. Wayne State lost to Pittsburg State in the 2011 championship game.
New Haven at Stonehill (Northeast-10 Conference), Oct. 18. New Haven received a first-round bye in last year’s Division II championship playoffs.
A 2012-13 men’s and women’s basketball schedule will be announced later.
All games are scheduled for 8 p.m. ET.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80