TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Florida State has kicked senior cornerback and punt return specialist Greg Reid off the football team.
Coach Jimbo Fisher announced Reid’s dismissal Wednesday for what he described as a violation of team rules.
The dismissal comes three weeks after Reid’s latest encounter with authorities. Reid was charged with marijuana possession after being stopped by a Georgia state trooper near his home in Valdosta.
Reid was arrested last year on charges of resisting arrest and perjury. Prosecutors eventually dropped the charges.
The 21-year-old Reid led the nation in punt returns his freshman season and had two interceptions and 32 tackles last season.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80