BLOOMSBURG, Pa. – Out to a successful start in its 2012 campaign, Bloomsburg has moved up one spot to No. 11 in the latest AFCA poll released Monday.
Pittsburg State remains No. 1 after a 52-9 victory against Southwest Baptist. Minnesota-Duluth, Colorado State-Pueblo, Grand Valley State and Winston-Salem State round out the top five. Texas A&M-Kingsville, Kutztown and Delta State dropped out of the poll, allowing Minnesota State-Mankato, Henderson State (Ark.) and West Texas A&M to be ranked this week.
|Check out the full rankings.|
Bloomsburg’s shift in the poll comes after it took down Kutztown 44-37 in a conference match-up. The last time Bloomsburg took down a top-ranked team was when it defeated seventh-ranked California (Pa.) in 2010, 28-26.
The Huskies running game has helped lead them to early success this season. The Huskies hold the second-best rushing attack in the country (332.33) and have two runners working their way to the top of the national leaderboard.
Junior running back Franklyn Quiteh is fourth in the country in rushing yards at 168 per clip. He is Bloomsburg’s third-leading rusher in school-history with 3,711 yards after a 152-yard performance against Kutztown last week.
Quiteh has four rushing touchdowns on the year, tied with fellow junior Eddie Mateo. Mateo is one of 29 players in Division II averaging over 100 yards per game.
Seniors Jarrett Pidgeon and Larry Webster have become two impact performers on defense. Pidgeon is coming off a season-best 13 tackles against Kutztown.
- SEC's Slive focused on future after changes
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Miss. State penalized for booster's conduct
- Alamo Bowl promoted to top Big 12 contest
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Charlotte names stadium in honor of donor
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- Former GVSU standout Finnerty found dead
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule