WACO, Texas – Only one top-10 team lost this week, allowing Bloomsburg (Pa.) to enter the top 10 for the first time this year at No. 10 in the AFCA Division II Top 25 Coaches’ Poll.
|ASSOCIATED PRESS POLL|
|Check out the full rankings.|
The rest of the Top 10 was unchanged as Pittsburg State still holds onto the top spot with 29 first-place votes. Minnesota-Duluth, Colorado State-Pueblo, Grand Valley State and Winston-Salem State round out the Top 5.
Shippensburg moved into the Top 25 at No. 21 for the first time since the final poll of 2009. The Raiders are 4-0 after a 61-6 win against Millersville last Saturday.
Newberry is the second newcomer this week, making its first appearance in the poll since Oct. 7, 2008. The Wolves are No. 24 and 4-0 after its 47-22 victory against Carson-Newman.
Making its first appearance in the poll is Sioux Falls, which comes in ranked No. 25. The Cougars are 4-0 so far in 2012 in just its second season of Division II play since making the jump from NAIA. Valdosta State, Colorado School of Mines and Abilene Christian all fell out of the poll this week.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80