SALISBURY, Md. – Salisbury has dropped to No. 21 in the latest AFCA Coaches’ Top 25 Poll and No. 16 in the D3football.com poll, released on Monday.
|AFCA COACHES’ POLL|
|Check out the full rankings.|
Salisbury (6-2, 4-1 Empire 8) fell 21-14 at Ithaca for the first time in Empire 8 Athletic Conference play on Saturday.
The Sea Gulls earned 216 points in the AFCA poll, 38 ahead of Concordia (Ill.). The top five teams remained the same with Mount Union (1,049 points, 41 first-place votes) and Mary Hardin-Baylor (1,006, one first-place vote) again sharing first-place votes.
In the D3football.com poll, SU received 230 points to finish ahead of Concordia-Moorhead and Heidelberg (186), which were tied for No. 17. The top six teams stayed the same from last week. Mount Union (24 first-place votes, 624 points) and Mary Hardin-Baylor (one first-place vote, 597 points) claimed No. 1 and No. 2, respectively.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80