BLOOMSBURG, Pa. — Entering the final week of the regular season, Bloomsburg moved up to No. 12 in Monday’s AFCA Top 25 Poll. The Huskies also remain fourth in Super Region One in the NCAA Regional Rankings.
The Huskies (9-1 overall, 6-1 PSAC East) are coming off a 24-23 victory against PSAC Eastern Division rival West Chester on Saturday. They close out their regular season this Saturday at Slippery Rock (6-4, 5-2).
|AFCA COACHES’ POLL|
|Check out the full rankings.|
Shippensburg remains the top team in the region after its 61-9 victory against Cheyney. Rounding out the top six are Winston Salem State, New Haven, BU, Indiana (Pa.) and Shepherd. Charleston is seventh, American International is eighth, Mercyhurst comes in at ninth, and California (Pa.) is ranked No. 10.
The top six schools, including the four regional conference champions, advance to the NCAA playoffs on November 17. The final selection will be announced on Sunday, November 11.
Colorado State-Pueblo sits at No. 1 in the AFCA national poll for the fourth consecutive week after its 31-17 victory against New Mexico Highlands. No. 2 Winston Salem State is also 10-0 after beating Fayetteville State 41-8.
New Haven remains No. 3 and will face American International for a second consecutive week for the Northeast-10 conference title. No. 4 Northwest Missouri State received one first-place vote this week as it prepares to face No. 11 Missouri Western State for the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association title.
No. 5 Ashland is 10-0 and clinched the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference title for the first time in school history.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80