CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa – After a shaky start, Coe bounced back to beat Central 34-13 in the regular-season finale. The win was the 11th consecutive, completing Coe’s perfect regular season.
On Coe’s first offensive play of the game, Central’s Jacob Tune intercepted senior Jared McNutt at the Kohawk 46 yard line. Central gained 18 yards off the second turnover, but were held to a field goal as Sheldon connected from 44-yards out with 9:50 to play in the first quarter.
The Kohawk offense clicked from that point. After Sheldon’s kickoff went through the endzone, the Kohawks went 75 yards on 12 plays. Coe completed a third down and a fourth down on the drive, as senior Brendan Leiran scored on the final play from eight-yards out, dragging nearly the entire Dutch defense into the endzone with him.
Trading points until the game was tied at 13, Coe took control of the pace and went on to win by a 21-point margin.
Coe held a 391-337 advantage in total offense, running 19 fewer plays than the Dutch. Coe gained 162 yards on the ground and 229 through the air, while Central had 100 rushing yards and 237 passing.
The victory gave the Kohawks their 10th undefeated regular season and first since 1993. For the fourth time in school history, the Kohawks have recorded 10 wins.
- SEC's Slive focused on future after changes
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Miss. State penalized for booster's conduct
- Alamo Bowl promoted to top Big 12 contest
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Charlotte names stadium in honor of donor
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- Former GVSU standout Finnerty found dead
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule