INDIANAPOLIS — The Division II Football Committee announced Sunday the field of 24 teams for the 2012 Division II Football Championship.
Eight first-round games will be conducted on the campus of one of the competing schools. In addition, two teams per super regional have earned first-round byes. The first-round winners will all advance to face a bye team in their super regional in the second round on the campus of one of the competing schools.
Second-round winners will meet in the quarterfinals at various campus sites. Quarterfinal winners will advance to play in the semifinals on the campus of one of the competing schools. Six teams selected per super regional make up the field of 24 teams.
Contests will normally kick off at 1 p.m. ET, although other times may be established if approved by the committee.
Pittsburg State defeated Wayne State (Mich.) in the 2011 national championship game to claim last year’s NCAA title. The 2012 championship game will be played Dec. 15, at 1 p.m. ET at Braly Municipal Stadium in Florence, Ala., and will be broadcast live on ESPN2 HD and ESPN3.com.
|Nov. 17 at Shippensburg, Pa.||Bloomsburg (10-1) at Shippensburg (10-1)|
|Nov. 17 at Indiana, Pa.||Shepherd (8-2) at Indiana (Pa.) (10-1)|
|Nov. 17 at Indianapolis, Ind.||Midwestern State (9-1) at Indianapolis (9-2)|
|Nov. 17 at Chadron, Neb.||West Texas A&M (9-2) at Chadron State (9-2)|
|Nov. 17 at Livingston, Ala.||Miles (8-2) at West Alabama (8-3)|
|Nov. 17 at Hickory, N.C.||Fort Valley State (8-3) at Lenior-Rhyne (8-2)|
|Nov. 17 at Maryville, Mo.||Harding (9-1) at Northwest Missouri State (9-2)|
|Nov. 17 at St. Joseph, Mo.||Minnesota Duluth (10-1) at Missouri Western State (10-1)|
The following schools earned first-round byes in each super regional and will host a second-round game on Nov. 24, 2012.
|REGIONAL/SEED||SCHOOL (RECORD)||REGIONAL/SEED||SCHOOL (RECORD)|
|Super Regional 1||Super Regional 2|
|1||Winston-Salem State (11-0)||1||Valdosta State (8-2)|
|2||New Haven (10-0)||2||Carson-Newman (8-2)|
|Super Regional 3||Super Regional 4|
|1||Minnesota State-Mankato (11-0)||1||Colorado State-Pueblo (11-0)|
|2||Henderson State (10-0)||2||Ashland (11-0)|
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80