For the second year in a row, Colorado State-Pueblo finishes the regular season at the top spot in the AFCA Coaches’ Poll. The Thunderwolves beat Western State 21-3 to finish at 11-0 in the regular season and will host a second round playoff game. For the consecutive straight season, CSU-Pueblo is its region top seed.
The rest of the top six teams in the poll all finished with undefeated regular seasons and will host second round playoff games. Those teams are No. 2 Winston-Salem State, No. 3 New Haven, No. 4 Ashland, No. 5 Minnesota State-Mankato and No. 6 Henderson State.
|AFCA COACHES’ POLL|
|Check out the full rankings.|
Twenty-one of the 24 teams in the NCAA playoffs are ranked in this week’s poll. Six of the eight first round games feature top 25 matchups.
The first matchup features No. 7 Minnesota-Duluth traveling to No. 9 Missouri Western State. No. 8 Midwestern State (Texas) also hits the road against No. 18 Indianapolis, which is making its first appearance in the Division II playoffs.
Two Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) teams matchup for a second time this year as No. 10 Bloomsburg travels to No. 15 Shippensburg.
The third team from the PSAC to make the playoff field, No. 11 Indiana (Pa.), hosts No. 25 Shepherd. No. 12 Harding makes its first appearance in the Division II playoffs, and will travel to No. 13 Northwest Missouri State. In the final top 25 matchup, No. 16 West Texas A&M plays at No. 20 Chadron State.
- Kiffin eager to put past problems to rest
- Frazier, Wuerffel to meet again in Hall of Fame
- Spring is crucial for new Pac-12 coaches
- Manziel taking smart approach to doing things he likes
- Michigan's Hoke says Irish 'chickening out'
- Auburn confident it can make athletic fixes
- Fulmer helping restart program at ETSU
- FCS Championship Inside Access Part 1
- North Dakota State earns second FCS title
- Advantageous Bison ground out victory
- Kennesaw State names Bohannon first head coach
- Ejections for hits on defenseless players?
- Delta State reintroduces ‘Fear the Okra’
- CFB: Valdosta St. captures DII national title
- Valdosta St. dominates in DII title win
- Valdosta St. overcomes rough start to win DII title
- DII unveils 2013 football television schedule
- Harlon Hill Trophy namesake dies at 80